Friday, October 1, 2010

day one

so.  today we set out as a family on a grand adventure.  abbotsford to ottawa and back.  in a 29 foot rv.  so many stops along the way, so many people and sites to see, lots of bonding to do.

this was day one.
first stop: revelstoke
first supper meal: kraft dinner, farmer sausage and green beans
first host: koa
josiah's favorite thing about today: the campground park

notes:  never, ever stay in the revelstoke koa.  josiah's favorite thing is ironic as this park is seriously ghetto.  missing key parts of safety equipment, rusted beyond recognition and parts that are still attached are sharp.  like knives.
as far as the meal goes, i may stop posting that...as i imagine this may be as gourmet as it gets.

that's it for today...i leave you with a picture of us at our departure from my parents' place this morning (and a few from the road).  excuse the bedhead...again, that might be as good as it's gonna get.
and my first photo in a series i like to call "canada rearview"

6 comments:

  1. The Janzens stayed at Revelstoke KOA in 1982 as the first stop on our trip across Canada too! But I don't remember it being ghetto. I'm sure a lot could change in 28 years. You would have been 3 then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very cool adventure you are on! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels Prang fam! I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great you are doing this adventure! I have always dreamed of going across the country in an RV...my dream hasn't died, but the kids grew up...could still be a riot even now, don't you think? As Papa would pray, "Lord, give them traveling mercies". Amen to that! lvu

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Prangs are doing my dream trip too! I don't know how you guys do it. You consistently amaze me with your sense of adventure, your patience, and the fact that you're raising some pretty incredible children...ones that you would dare choose to embark on this trip with. I think that was bad grammar. And all of this with a sense of humour that I love. Travel safely and enjoy your time together. What is your ETA to Ottawa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stayed in that KOA a couple months ago. Lillia was swinging on the swings by the washrooms and the chain came off mid-swing. That playground was ghetto.

    ReplyDelete