Thursday, January 20, 2011

random.

i recently realized that amidst the hub bub of christmas and the busy-ness of business, i've hardly taken any pictures of my kids in the past few months.  none worth sharing at least.  we also live in a dark basement and with the wet and cold weather we've had lately, my poor littles' skin hasn't seen the light of day.  so as soon as the rain let up for a few hours, i got my older two outside and actually remembered to bring my camera.

we all know how important toddler style is on the playground.  thankfully, my daughter loves her "fancy star shoes" as much as i do.  and since she will only sit still for about 10.2 seconds, the half ponytail would just have to do today.

traffic can get a little hairy at the park during rush hour.
i love that my kids haven't figured out that they still look cute when they make funny faces to get me to stop taking pictures.
and this one gently reminds me that i'm a bad mother.  notice the red cheeks.  in my haste to get out the door, i kind of didn't realize that it was freezing cold outside and the kids were not dressed properly.  don't worry...we hurried home to cups of hot cocoa and the sniffles were gone by the next day.
i'm thankful to mi esposo for my children's amazingly long eye lashes.  why is it always the boys that get them?  tell me why?! 
this was his "i just got caught heading towards the national geographics with my fake plastic doctor scissors" look
the only way i could get a real smile out of her on camera was to squeeze her head between my knees.  unfortunately, it didn't last and turned into this.  still cute, though.  still cute.
for those of you who know me, you know i'm a word maven.  so naturally, my only prerequisite for marrying/naming children was that our names could be scrabbled.  and they can, just in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. the can? all of them? interesting. your kids are ADORABLE as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo cute!! Ally is looking more and more like you all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete